1. Lipid Membrane Curvature Induced by Distearoyl Phosphatidylinositol 4-Phosphate
Samuel Furse, Nicholas J. Brooks, Annela M. Seddon, Rüdiger Woscholski, Richard H. Templer, Edward W. Tate, Piers R. J. Gaffney, Oscar Ces. Soft Matter, 2012, 8, 3090-3093. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c2sm07358g.
2. The Lipidome and Proteome of Oil Bodies from Helianthus annuus (common sunflower)
Samuel Furse, Susan Liddell, Catharine A. Ortori, Huw Williams, D. Cameron Neylon, David J. Scott, David A. Barrett, David A. Gray. Journal of Chemical Biology (accepted for publication, 2012-12-28, available from January 2013 at http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12154-012-0090-1) and via On-line First™.
3. Phytochemical Composition of Oryza sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Bodies
Nantaprapa Nantiyakul, Samuel Furse, Ian Fisk, Gregory Tucker and David A. Gray. Journal of the American Oil Chemists Society (J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc.), 2012, 89, 1867-1872. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11746-012-2078-y.
4. The Isolation of Oil Bodies from Oryza sativa bran and Studies of their Physical Properties,
Nantaprapa Nantiyakul, Samuel Furse, Ian D. Fisk, Gregory Tucker and David A. Gray. Journal of Cereal Science (J. Cer. Sci.), 2013, 57, 141-145. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcs.2012.11.002.
1. Improved resolution of (2,3)(5,6)-O-dicyclohexylidene-myo-inositol and regioselective phosphorylation for the preparation unsaturated phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphates, Samuel Furse, Edward W. Tate, Piers R. J. Gaffney (in preparation for Org. Biomol. Chem.)
2. The influence of fatty acid composition on inositide phosphatase activity (working title), Samuel Furse, Lok-Hang Mak, Piers R. J. Gaffney, Oscar Ces, Rüdiger Woscholski.
3. The Role of Endogenous Cocoa Lipids in the Formation of Oil-in-Water Emulsions, Joanne Gould, Josélio Vieira and Bettina Wolf, Samuel Furse (In preparation for J. Coll. Int. Sci.)
Grant Proposals (Approved)
The release of triglycerides from oil bodies by biochemical means, applied for Hermes Innovation Fellowship 2012 (Nottinghamshire Innovation Centre), joint applicant with Dr D. A. Gray. Application approved with 100% funding.
If you would like any further information on these publications please contact me or the corresponding author named in the publication. My ORCiD is 0000-0003-4267-2051. I act as a reviewer by invitation for journals at the Royal Society of Chemistry.